• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 IliaFire

IliaFire

Guildmaster

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:20 PM

seeing as how i got hacked, i gota make a new freakin pvp bowzon and waswondering.....whats better, strafe or multy? i used to have a guided zon with mulyple shot as right click, but after checking out strafe on single player, i began to wonder....woudnt strafe be better then multiple shot?? thats just my opinion though.

Heres a basic build:
20 guided
20strafe
10 dodge,avoid, evade, criticcal
5 decoy, 5 valkire

y 10 for D,A,E,C u mite b wondering?? with my skill items it would b about 25....

so im just looking for opinions if i should max multi or srafe.....and maybe this will change some other peoples minds about multi n strafe.....u never know :shock:

Thx
Fire

#2 posmotors

posmotors

Priest

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:40 PM

i wouldn't use strafe. go with multi just to get people trying to tele or run around. hit then while they run around you or your guided arrows. also remember that with necros your guided arrow most of the time will go after his wall if he has one up.

#3 nofaith17

nofaith17

High Senator

• Members
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:40 PM

max multi...because with straff thay can dodge the arrows easily..with multi no matter what direction they run they get hit.
Posted Image

#4 deaths-apprentice

deaths-apprentice

Cleric

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • D2 Realm:US West

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:41 PM

max guided arrow
multi shot
strafe is meant for multiple targets

40/15 everything
:arrow: windforce
:arrow: COA
:arrow: cats eye
:arrow: crafted zon gloves, ias, or +str dex. last resort lava gount(sp)
:arrow: verdungos
:arrow: enigma not COH
i will explain it if u want

#5 posmotors

posmotors

Priest

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:50 PM

i would use fortitude for armor though. if you cant get that then use 4x 40/15ias jewel armor. do not use enigma!!!!the tele would be a waste because you wont have the cast rate to even make a difference. for gloves and boots if you were poor i would use ik gloves and boots. the bonuses with two items are nice. you get att rate, life, att speed, and some other stuff.

#6 M xxWeezyxx

M xxWeezyxx

High Senator

• Members
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 08:09 PM

strafe doesnt hit shit........go with multi

Posted ImagePosted ImagePM Me If You Need Help With iPod Video

#7 nofaith17

nofaith17

High Senator

• Members
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:25 PM

[quote name='posmotors]i would use fortitude for armor though. if you cant get that then use 4x 40/15ias jewel armor. do not use enigma!!!!the tele would be a waste because you wont have the cast rate to even make a difference. for gloves and boots if you were poor i would use ik gloves and boots. the bonuses with two items are nice. you get att rate' date=' life, att speed, and some other stuff.[/quote']

you dont use enigma for the tele...you use it for the run walk....and I wouldent use a nigma n e wayz but thats y most people use it.
Posted Image

#8 Roan

Roan

Monk

• Members
  • 530 posts
  • Location:USWest nl: bnet_suxx USWest ladder: bnetnet & sotteot

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:46 PM

for PvP play Strafe sux, for the reason already stated, it wont hit unless the guy is a moron or lagging

multishot is awesome however since you can basically cover an entire screen with arrows, if they are there then they WILL get hit

#9 Dan

Dan

Monarch (4) -Ethereal-

• Moderators
  • 4,329 posts
  • Gamertag:Giggsidan
  • WoW Server:Stormreaver
  • WoW Faction:Horde

Posted 15 May 2005 - 03:39 AM

I've just made a pvp bowzon from GSC's guide on the site and u dont need multi or strafe. I maxed guided, maxed evade, 14 in critical strike, 12 in dodge, 16 in avoid, 8 in decoy, 1 in valk and 1 in pentrate. I put 1 point in multi and with your equip it should be releasing about 8 arrows a time. I use guided in duels and multi for pvm. Strafe is only useful for pure pvm i think.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live, my GT is Giggsidan. Be sure to message me saying who you are!
Also, follow me on Twitter @Giggsidan... Gotta get with the times, y'know?

#10 deaths-apprentice

deaths-apprentice

Cleric

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • D2 Realm:US West

Posted 15 May 2005 - 06:03 AM

[quote name='posmotors]i would use fortitude for armor though. if you cant get that then use 4x 40/15ias jewel armor. do not use enigma!!!!the tele would be a waste because you wont have the cast rate to even make a difference. for gloves and boots if you were poor i would use ik gloves and boots. the bonuses with two items are nice. you get att rate' date=' life, att speed, and some other stuff.[/quote']

well my reasoning behind enigma is partially already stated(for the run walk) but also the fact that zons need speed and aginity.

:arrow: the coh is only good for resist and in hell 65 resist is not too important to a zon, with your ideal setup you will be lacking resists any way, the enigma becomes much more handy. I prefer enigma over a four socket 40/15 ias armor, after making both varients, one with 3x 40/15 helm 4x 40/15 armor, 40/15 wf, basically all damage, and one with enigma, coh, ect. I used an inventory of 40 290s on my damage zon and found that although i did around 13k per guided arrow, my damage did not act fast enough to kill before i was killed, i much prefer using enigma and being able to avoid attacks and to have some semblence of resistance. your ideal setup will enable you to deal massive damage rapidly and be able to move around dodge, evade w/e hope this info was helpfull

* Deaths-Havok made nearly every zon possible, which also helped made this post possible and as entire as it was....

#11 mustangjake2073

mustangjake2073

Journeyman

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 12:36 PM

the coh is only good for resist and in hell 65 resist is not too important to a zon, with your ideal setup you will be lacking resists any way, the enigma becomes much more handy. I prefer enigma over a four socket 40/15 ias armor, after making both varients, one with 3x 40/15 helm 4x 40/15 armor, 40/15 wf, basically all damage, and one with enigma, coh, ect. I used an inventory of 40 290s on my damage zon and found that although i did around 13k per guided arrow, my damage did not act fast enough to kill before i was killed, i much prefer using enigma and being able to avoid attacks and to have some semblence of resistance. your ideal setup will enable you to deal massive damage rapidly and be able to move around dodge, evade w/e hope this info was helpfull

It seems like this is a only non ladder build. If your on ladder why would u use windforce? I found Faith grand matron, 3 x 40/15 bone visage, enigma (your right, r/w is the most important and tele is useless cause of the low fcr) fortitude works well only in pvm. This character needs only 95% ias to get 7 fpa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users