• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 mustangjake2073

mustangjake2073

Journeyman

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:30 AM

An Uber Killing Kicksin 1.11 (with notes and tables from Ilkori’s Kicksin Guide)

With the new 1.11 patch, everyone’s hot on the trail to kill an Uber for the Hellfire Torch Large Charm. What I realized was that the players with cookie cutter build (Hammderdin, Windy Druid, WW Barb, Sorc) were screaming for help after hours of trying to kill the last three ubers in Tristam.

My Dragon Talon Kick Assassin was built primarily to hunt Diablo clones in 1.10, and was the ultimate slayer. I thought maybe I should try her on Lilith ….. 10 seconds flat. Then Uber Baal, Meph and Diablo. 6-8 minutes. She was even faster then a smiter or zealot.

First things first….

For those who do not know how to get to the uber trio of Diablo, Mephisto and Baal

Hell Mode (all keys are dropped randomly)

Countess = Terror Key
Summoner = Hate Key
Nihlathak = Destruction Key

Place all three keys in Horadric Cube and transmute them in Act 5 to open a random portal to either Uber Andy, Izzy or Duriel.

Uber Andy = Diablo’s Horn
Uber Izzy = Baal’s Eye
Uber Duriel = Mehphisto’s Brain

Step and repeat starting with the 3 Keys until the Horn, Eye and Brain is collected. Transmute all 3 the Horadric cube to reveal a portal to Tristam. Careful when u step in….. Kill Uber Baal, Diablo and Mephisto to get a Standard of Heros(not sure what it does):

Hellfire Torch:
3+ to random class skills
20 to attributes (varies)
20 to resistance (varies)
and couple of crap mods

So what is a Dragon Talon Kicker? It’s a Kicker to own in PVM and Bosses. This Kicker will kill Diablo Clone in 1.10 in 8-12 seconds. Its main Mods of choice are Prevent Monster Heal and Crushing Blow (amongst many others) applied with the fastest attack of any character. Strafazons are slighty faster but lack even 1/10 the power of a kicker when it comes to Uber Bosses. This Kicker also utilizes Mind Blast and Death Sentry to control crowds.

Here’s what applies to kick damage.
Crushing Blow, Open Wounds, Slow Target
Magic, Elemental, and Poison Damage (not displayed on the character screen)
Knockback
Life/Mana steal/kills
%Chance to Cast on Attack/Strike
+% Damage (except from weapon)
+AR (except on your weapon)
+% AR (from anywhere)
Blind, Freeze, Prevent Monster Heal
MF and Gold find

Properties that do not work with kicks:
Deadly/Critical Strike
Enhanced Damage from equipment
+% Damage to Demons/Undead
+ Min / Max damage (so no 3/20/20 charms for kickers)

Kick Damage Display Bug - For Dragon Talon and Dragon Flight, only the physical damage is listed. Magic, elemental and poison damage is still added to kicks, but it isn't displayed on the screen. And it still has not been fixed in the new patch!!!!

Main objectives

Kicking Speed – 7 fps initial 2 fps next 6 kicks WOW (at level 37 its 7 kicks)
Crushing Blow - As high as possible
Hit Recovery - Try for 48, then 86
Damage Reduction - 50%
Resists - Maxed in Hell and then some

Stats

Strength - Enough for equipment
Dexterity – enough for max block. Your gonna need it
Life – rest
Energy – none

Skill Points

Venom: Max
Dragon Talon: Max
Death Sentry: Max (for radius)
Fire Blast: 18 (for shooting Death Sentry 11 times)
1 pt in all shadow and trap skills except wake of inferno
Rest in Burst of Speed/Mind Blast/Lighting Sentry. Whatever u favor.

The main thing with the skill points is the u have 1 in each and Maxed Venom/Dragon and a few in Death Sentry. Skills are very flexible on this sin. Now for the fun part.

Equipment. I only included what I deemed necessary information

Weapon: Is this weapon perfect for this kicker or what? For those who can’t afford the this Super Kicker weapon, Fleshripper is still a incredible for a Dragon Talon.
Last Wish 6 Socket Swords/Hammers/Axes
Jah + Mal + Jah + Sur + Jah + Ber
6% Chance To Cast Level 11 Fade When Struck (its nice to auto cast fade when u most needed)
10% Chance To Cast Level 18 Life Tap On Striking. This with Dracul’s guarantees that Life Tap will always be on.
20% Chance To Cast Level 20 Charged Bolt On Attack
Level 17 Might Aura When Equipped
Ignore Target's Defense. WOW
60-70% Chance of Crushing Blow (varies) WOW
Prevent Monster Heal OMG
Hit Blinds Target

Fleshripper
Fanged Knife
One-Hand Damage: (45-60) To (174-228) (108-144 Avg)
Required Strength: 42
Required Dexterity: 86
Durability: 36
Base Weapon Speed: [-20]
+200-300% Enhanced Damage (varies)
-50% Target Defense
25% Chance of Crushing Blow
33% Deadly Strike
50% Chance of Open Wounds
Prevent Monster Heal
Slows Target By 20%

Helm: Although COA and Delirium is nice, Helm is not really important for this sin. She can make do just fine with Shakos.

Crown of Ages with 15 res 15 ias facet. Need to Stack Resistance and Ias when I’m in Fade is nice for Kick speed)
Defense: 349-399
Required Strength: 174
+50% Enhanced Defense
+100-150 Defense
+1 To All Skills
Damage Reduced By 10-15%
All Resistances +20-30
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
Socketed (1-2)
Indestructible

Delirium runeword. Ultimate Crowd Control
3 Socket Helms
Lem + Ist + Io
1% Chance To Cast Level 50 Delirium* (morph) When Struck “this Sucks”
6% Chance To Cast Level 14 Mind Blast When Struck
14% Chance To Cast Level 13 Terror When Struck
11% Chance To Cast Level 18 Confuse On Striking
+2 To All Skills
+261 Defense
+10 To Vitality
The mods are incredible (except morph) against all those endless immune minions of the 3 ubers.

Shield

Stormshield socketed with eld(for blocking) or um(resistance) or cham(for cannot be frozen)
Defense: (136-504) - (151-519)
Required Strength: 156
Chance to Block:Asn 72%
+ (3.75 Per Character Level) 3-371 Defense (Based On Character Level)
+25% Increased Chance Of Blocking
35% Faster Block Rate
Damage Reduced By 35%
Cold Resist +60%
Lightning Resist +25%
+30 To Strength
Indestructible

Armor:

Chains of Honor 4 Socket Body Armor Dol + Um + Ber + Ist +2 To All Skills
+200% Damage To Demons
+100% Damage To Undead
8% Life Stolen Per Hit
+70% Enhanced Defense
+20 To Strength
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +65
Damage Reduced By 8%

Gloves:
Dracul's Grasp
Defense: 125-145
Required Strength: 50
+90-120% Enhanced Defense
+10-15 To Strength
+5-10 Life After Each Kill
25% Chance of Open Wounds
7-10% Life Stolen Per Hit
5% Chance To Cast Level 10 Life Tap On Striking

Belt:
Thundergod's Vigor: Don’t even think about anything else. With Uber Meph and Diablo, u better sorb.
Defense: 137-159
Required Strength: 110
+160-200% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+20 Lightning Absorb
10% To Maximum Lightning Resist
+20 To Strength
+20 To Vitality

Boots:
Gore Rider: Upgrade these to myridium greaves for better kick damage
Defense: 140-162
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 94
Durability: 34
Assassin Kick Damage: 39-80 / 83-149 once upgraded.
+160-200% Enhanced Defense (varies)
30% Faster Run/Walk
10% Chance Of Open Wounds
15% Chance Of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
Requirements -25%
+20 Maximum Stamina

Jewelry: If u Cham’d Storm shield u can use absorb jewelry like Wisp Projectors/Dwarf Stars or in my case, I just used 2 Bulkathos Wedding Bands and Mara’s.

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring

Required Level: 58
+1 To All Skill Levels
+ (0.5 Per Character Level) 0-49 To Life (Based On Character Level)
3-5% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
+50 Maximum Stamina

Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet

Required Level: 67
+2 To All Skill Levels
All Resistances +20-30 (varies)
+5 To All Attributes

Charms:

Anni, 10x Martial Arts with Life or FHR or Resistance Charms for stacked resistance. I used 10 x Martial Arts for level 37 Dragon Talon and its 7 kicks at 2 fps. Life and Resist Small Charms.

End Gear Results from needed Main Objectives…and then some

2 fps kicks at 6 kicks after initial kick
70-85% Chance of Crushing Blow. This is a chance of reducing a monster's health by 1/4th% in a single blow and Champion and Bosses by 1/8
Maxed Resistance
Use Martial Arts Charms for FHR
Ignore Target's Defense (for minions)
40% Chance of Open Wound
Prevent Monster Heal. This is Critical since while you heal in town the ubers will heal all their life back also.
Hit Blinds Target

Strategy

Oh yes there is a strategy. No gungho, Me Tarzan U Jane stuff here. With Izzy, Duriel, Lilith it’s run in and kick ass but in Tristam you better be careful. Don’t bother with tp’s since you can’t open any and bo and all that other stuff BEFORE going in.

Take the portal and runnnnnn to a far corner where you can lure one boss at a time. There is no way to win if three bosses and their 70 minions are hitting you. The good news is that the Ubers tend to stay in one spot while only their minions chase you. They wont spawn other minion if you are not near them. With MB, convert a few and lay some death sentry. Dragon Talon will easily provide corpses for the traps.

Once the wave of minions are lessened, lure one Uber where the other can’t interfere. Dragon Talon’s 2 fps and 85% Crushing Blow will turn a uber’s life down to almost nothing in a matter of seconds. They spawn more minions really quick so back up a little to kill a few minions lay some more Death Sentry and finish of an Uber!!!!

Try not to die if you are soloing since the minions will actually “Camp” over your body. But if you do die, cast burst of speed then shadow master as a decoy for the minions to chase while u are spamming Mind blast. I turned the wrong corner once and got clobbered by all ubers and minions at once. After a few ink’s, using the above-mentioned tactic I was able to get my body back in less than 30 seconds. First killing the 3 Ubers of Tristam: 10:20 minutes, 3+ sin Hell Torch. Second Time: 6-8 minutes, 3+sorc Hell Torch for my poor level 70 hammerdin friend hiding in town. On those 2 runs I died 4 times, but from the number of people I saw dying and screaming over bnet, make sure to keep a pile of gold by Malah for potions and mercs. Although I was fast, I was very careful and ran to town in any sign of trouble.

I hope this guide will help those other who do not have four super friends with auradins/smiters/javazon/zealots to help them kill the Ubers. This assassin is pretty cheap to make and is still quite effective with modest gear.

Please don’t try to play PVP with this though. CB sucks PVP and the knock back kicks the player out of reach of your 2 fps attack.

#2 bobobrob

bobobrob

Journeyman

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:51 AM

speechless, because it's flawless. But 1 question is is there a 3 weapon option like azurewrath mayb or a few more armour selection?

Thank you for answers, BOB

#3 caaroid

caaroid

Peasant

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:35 AM

Hello

Nice guide, nice strategy, however a tad expensive. I use alternative gear (most my high-end stuff went for my enigma-warcry keyfinder), that works good as well.

I maxed fade, since fade gives you 1% PDR each level, so it pretty much takes care of all your PDR needs (ok, not really, but hey) . For shield I use an upped mosers, it has high block and 63% resall. The trick is the armor, I went with Guardian Angel, allowing me 90% resall in hell (and a LOT higher blocking, faster, too, allowing for less dex -> more life).

Ok, now about the weapons and CB. The real killer is CB, but it works in a messed up way (at least it worked so in 1.10, and my experience in 1.11 seems to confirm that this stayed in the game): the chance of successful CB is determined by the SUM of the CB on you, but the effects are applied ONCE PER ITEM, thus making wearing multiple source more effective... This means, that if you use your fleshripper and shoes with a CB glove and CB helm, your kill speed will double. Go try and be amazed :)

Ok, about alternate weapons: if you're cheapshit like me, you can't afford to BO yourself. However, you CAN curse the damn monsters! The way to go is either Lacreator (amp) or Lawbringer (decrep). Sure, you loose your life tap, but if you have enough leech, the higher damage will pay off (mind you, not against meph -- there you need the tap or you die).

That's about all there is to it, a less effective variant that is a LOT cheaper, it might be viable for more.

#4 Ataneruo

Ataneruo

Has a PhD in Diablo

• Members
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:31 AM

Ignore Target Defense doesn't work on bosses. But everything else looks great!
Posted Image"...Not all those who wander are lost..."

#5 GotRice

GotRice

Noble

• Members
  • 3,074 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:46 AM

i would use for skills

-venom maxed
-dragon talon maxed
-mind blast maxed
-shadow master maxed
-if enough points blade shield maxed

#6 mustangjake2073

mustangjake2073

Journeyman

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:06 AM

Ataneruo said:

Ignore Target Defense doesn't work on bosses.  But everything else looks great!

ITD works only on minions and the number of minions in Uber tristam is nothing to luagh at

mustangjake2073 said:

ganstadj864 said:

i would use for skills

-venom maxed
-dragon talon maxed
-mind blast maxed
-shadow master maxed

Venom and Dragon Talon maxed is nice but I would really emphasize death sentry if you ever plan to kill ubers AND Minions

mustangjake2073 said:

bobobrob said:

speechless, because it's flawless. But 1 question is is there a 3 weapon option like azurewrath mayb or a few more armour selection?

Azurewrath would not be suitable for this build. I can not think of much suitable weapons but a fleshripper dagger is cheap and ez to come by. On the subject of armor, I wouldn't suggest anthing other than a Chains of Honor. The Uber Mephisto has conviction aura and will ripp apart your resistance along with the 100 or so elemental damage minions that springs up everywhere.

*EDIT: I have organized your triple-post into a single, space-efficient post. It's very respectable that you ahve taken the time to reply to each question, but the lack of organization has tarnished this respectability. Please reply in a single post whenever possible.~Sean

#7 mustangjake2073

mustangjake2073

Journeyman

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:08 AM

ganstadj864 said:

i would use for skills

-venom maxed
-dragon talon maxed
-mind blast maxed
-shadow master maxed

Venom and Dragon Talon maxed is nice but I would really emphasize death sentry if you ever plan to kill ubers AND Minions

#8 mustangjake2073

mustangjake2073

Journeyman

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:17 AM

bobobrob said:

Azurewrath would not be suitable for this build. I can not think of much suitable weapons but a fleshripper dagger is cheap and ez to come by. On the subject of armor, I wouldn't suggest anthing other than a Chains of Honor. The Uber Mephisto has conviction aura and will ripp apart your resistance along with the 100 or so elemental damage minions that springs up everywhere.

#9 quintapid

quintapid

Citizen

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:58 AM

:cry: what should i use for nl?
(ex boots and weaps=/)
I was thinking of chaos and fury so if uget in 2 trouble ww out
and make fade with coa as helm and maby levithain soced with 15resist jewels.
and lots of resists charms + ur mart gc's
but i dont know what 2 use for boots :(

#10 0460553

Cleric

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:19 PM

As Ata pointed out quite astutely, the 'Ignore Target's Defense' mod does not apply to Bosses, so only the Minions would be affected. Please remind our readers of this descrepancy.

Not as mainstream as most would like, but still a highly distinctive build which seems to perform well on paper. If anyone would like to test the effectiveness of mustangjake2073's build on Non-Ladder, their input would be a valued.

Mustangjake2073, if you could add some key screenshots of your Uber Tristram encounter with the Kicksin, it would help our readers visualize the power of your build.

Otherwise, this is a commendable contribution which should be acknowledged for its distinction as a lesser-known build.

*STICKIED*

Peace and blessings,
Sean
You've been branded with numbers since the moment when you were untimely ripped from your mother's womb. Why not choose your own series of digits to define yourself?Where did my '0' go?!Posted Image

#11 Cryptic69er

Cryptic69er

Craftmaster

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:41 PM

i have a question... how come when i kill the countess i dnt get anykey. y is that?..its really pisses me off coz my frends told me if u kill the countes summ nihl ull get any of the keys: h, t, desr :x

#12 Bonehead

Bonehead

Noble

• Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:04 PM

[quote name='Cryptic69er]i have a question... how come when i kill the countess i dnt get anykey. y is that?..its really pisses me off coz my frends told me if u kill the countes summ nihl ull get any of the keys: h' date=' t, desr :x[/quote']

Have you been killing them in hell? and that too, they dont drop all the time.

#13 FrogZor

FrogZor

Priest

• Members
  • 705 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:14 AM

By The Way I make This Assasin Last day Mine Wear

Shako Umed
Mara
Fleshripped Ber'ed(crushing Blow)
StormShield Cham'ed
WyrmHide Chain Of Honor
Dracul's Grasp
Uped Gore Rider
2x RavenFrost (or Cgrip is also Good For Leach/AR)
Verdungo's

9x Martial Art Gcs
Assasin Torch
Annihilus

at Lvl 76 My Kickassin got

115 Strng
120 Dex
200 Vita
25 energy

with all my Gear it's give me

218 Strng
202 Dex
278 Vita
68 Energy

I got Max Block and Max Resist In Hell Because of Fade

(and Remember You can use Fade and Venom In same time So Max Both Skill)

Damage With My Kick = 895-1434 (lvl 40 Kick but instade of Raven You Can Use 2xBul Kathos for lvl 42 and i think You Get 8 Kick at lvl 42 (but Im sure You got at 43)

Me and My Smiter Friend Can Clean Uber Brother In at least 2-3 Minute maybe Less

What We do it's enter Tristram Run at the Right Wall follow it Until You reach the place where the Original Tristram tp is , Follow the river Until You See The Brick Wall, Move Up a Bit where the House Is, Its will awake Meph, Kill it In 20 second, then Run in the middle For diablo and Baal Both Are easy so Here We Go

(it's only a Enhenced Guide From The Original 1 made by mustangjake2073 So All Credit Go To Em :lol: (and thx a lots mustangjake2073 i though When I make this kickassin it would be a weast Of time but I tested it This night with My Friend and OMG PWN!!)

well Good Luck and Have fun

#14 Cryptic69er

Cryptic69er

Craftmaster

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:46 AM

Bonehead][quote=Cryptic69er]i have a question... how come when i kill the countess i dnt get anykey. y is that?..its really pisses me off coz my frends told me if u kill the countes summ nihl ull get any of the keys: h, on t, desr :x[/quote, said:

Have you been killing them in hell? and that too, they dont drop all the time.

of course dawg... i kill the countess in hell......wut do u mean they dnt drop all the time :x

#15 band1t

band1t

Trademaster

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:52 AM

great fucking guide...i will make one!
thanks!
-band1t

#16 xGODxSPEEDx

xGODxSPEEDx

Craftsman

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 05:46 PM

OMG this guuide is great ima make one now even though im on new ladder and poor roght now :lol:
o wel this seems to be way more fun then my blizz sorc :evil:
so ty for the info and i hope mine turns out ok lol

#17 Recon

Recon

High Senator

• Members
  • 1,813 posts
  • D2 Realm:US West

Posted 18 August 2005 - 06:12 PM

this guide is sexy and dangerous..imma make it
i have everything except gcs and upped gores

anyone got upped gores?!

#18 Duragon

Duragon

Citizen

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 10:05 PM

i love this build but i was wondering on the skill part would u also max fade????? just wondering..

#19 Country_haus_2005

Country_haus_2005

Craftsman

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • D2 Realm:US West

Posted 20 August 2005 - 12:15 AM

i still say the smiter i have kills faster i may write down the guide but u are right about kicksin being very cheap

#20 LasseT

LasseT

Cleric

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • D2 Realm:Europe
  • WoW Server:The Venture Co
  • WoW Faction:Alliance

Posted 22 August 2005 - 12:10 PM

nice guide, maybe i'll make on later :)

//Lasse

0 user(s) are reading this topic