#1 cheddar420

cheddar420

Aristocrat

• Moderators
  • 2,654 posts
  • D2 Realm:US East

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

http://us.battle.net...review-6_6_2012

I think they're on the right track with these changes...even if any change to attack speed is gonna hinder my 2.4 attacks a sec on my chain lightning/orb wizard. I'm not so wary of the loss of damage, it's the effect it will have on cast animation I'm worried about. Though with the changes proposed for inferno the effect on kiting shouldn't be to tough on my squishy wizard. It even makes me hope that using the glass cannon passive will be possible on her once again.
If you didn't read the whole post then don't bother responding.

TL;DR Don't bother responding.

#2 Dan

Dan

Monarch (4) -Ethereal-

• Moderators
  • 4,331 posts
  • Gamertag:Giggsidan
  • WoW Server:Stormreaver
  • WoW Faction:Horde

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

Bridging the Inferno item gap.

We’re shifting to a philosophy where the best items in the game can drop from many different places, so a wider variety of play styles are viable. If you would rather chain-pull elite packs in Act I than 3 minute cat-and-mouse in Act IV, we'd like you to be able to do that and know you can still find the best items in the game.

Ok so initially you could get iLvl 63 items in Inferno Act III/IV only, iLvl 62 in Act II and iLvl 61 in Act 1. Now they're doing it so you have a very low chance of getting the higher tier in lower acts. Fair enough I suppose. It'll stop people only being able to use the auction house to get the higher level gear if they can't pass Act II inferno or whatever. Seems a decent change.

The Nephalem Difference

To help hit that goal we’re lowering the number of guaranteed Rare items on bosses when you have your full five stacks of Nephalem Valor from two guaranteed Rares to one guaranteed Rare (you still have a very good chance at multiple rares, it's just no longer guaranteed). In exchange, all champion and rare packs will now drop a bonus guaranteed Rare item when you have your full five stacks of Nephalem Valor.

This seems a good idea although not for people who farm the end bosses! I've been farming Butcher inferno with 5 stacks of valour without too many problems but once he's dead there's nothing left to kill.... Unless I progress to Act 2 I suppose but that wasn't part of the plan.

You Into the Group Thing?

We’re removing the bonus monster damage per additional player in a coop game

Now this I like. I've been playing through inferno solo because every time I played with someone else the damage would just shoot through the roof. This way they still have the increased health I'm guessing which makes them harder to kill and the damage remains as normal.

Oh Yeah!

In patch 1.0.3 we’re going to be lowering that wall by adjusting the damage and health of monsters in Inferno Act II, III and IV. We feel like Act I Inferno is in a pretty good place.

No doubt this will have people who are already far into inferno crying but I think it sounds about right. The jump from Act I to Act II is huge right now!

Paying for Your Mistakes

Repair costs on level 60 items are going to go up a lot

Can't say I'm too thrilled by this but I can understand why they did it. It's true that for certain enemies the best solution is to just continuously die and rush them and I have actually been noticing that even with full red gear that the repair costs were pretty unsubstantial.

Whoa, Whoa, Nice Shootin’ Tex

...we’re considering to reduce the effectiveness of Increased Attack Speed. The first is to simply reduce the value on all the items to their desired values

I don't think I have a huge amount of attack speed on my items right now so I can't say this will affect me much but for people who have relied on stacking it it may be hard to take. It's true though that attack speed right now is pretty much the dominant stat over everything else so it makes sense for them to fix it if this wasn't intended.

Just Three Two Easy Payments

We previously hinted that Blacksmith and Jeweler costs are coming down, and overall it will be far more reasonable to train them up and craft items. The most dramatic reduction is on the combine costs for tier 2-8 gems.

Wow. The gold prices have gone down immensely. From 20,000 to 100 gold for a radiant square?! Makes me glad I've not been crafting any for a while. But then they say for anything above it'll remain the same? Correct me if I'm wrong but after radiant star doesn't it cost 30,000 gold? Pretty big jump from 100 to 30,000 gold then if you ask me!
Posted Image
Mostly play Hearthstone and my 3DS lately, friggin' casual!
Add me - Teronis - if you play Europe!

#3 cheddar420

cheddar420

Aristocrat

• Moderators
  • 2,654 posts
  • D2 Realm:US East

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

View PostDan, on 07 June 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

The Nephalem Difference

To help hit that goal we’re lowering the number of guaranteed Rare items on bosses when you have your full five stacks of Nephalem Valor from two guaranteed Rares to one guaranteed Rare (you still have a very good chance at multiple rares, it's just no longer guaranteed). In exchange, all champion and rare packs will now drop a bonus guaranteed Rare item when you have your full five stacks of Nephalem Valor.

This seems a good idea although not for people who farm the end bosses! I've been farming Butcher inferno with 5 stacks of valour without too many problems but once he's dead there's nothing left to kill.... Unless I progress to Act 2 I suppose but that wasn't part of the plan.

It sure was part of the plan. Blizz didnt want this game farmed like d2...sorta like its currntly being farmed. Join game go to specific spots kill elites with good drops and run the boss. NV wa a good idea but it feel short of what theyve stated they wanted which is you in one game for act1-4. The change to drop rates will aide this effort tremendously least imho
If you didn't read the whole post then don't bother responding.

TL;DR Don't bother responding.

#4 ghettopimp

ghettopimp

Noble

• Wiki Editors
  • 3,268 posts
  • D2 Realm:US West Ladder

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

I'll just use dans formatting since im lazy

Bridging the Inferno item gap.

We’re shifting to a philosophy where the best items in the game can drop from many different places, so a wider variety of play styles are viable. If you would rather chain-pull elite packs in Act I than 3 minute cat-and-mouse in Act IV, we'd like you to be able to do that and know you can still find the best items in the game.

After having been stuck doing butcher runs forever, i don't mind this one bit. Act 1 items dont really sell on the AH from what ive seen. And for melee classes, the base armor difference in the item tiers can be the difference between life and death

The Nephalem Difference

This is just to make the 5 stack 2x boss runs (Jailer to butcher, kulle to belial, cydea to azmodan etc.) not be percieved as the only runs to do or you waste your time. I think the intent behind neph valor was that you just run a whole act start to finish. Which really would be the most efficient. instead of spending 10-15 mins of a 30 minute run with 5 stacks, you could be spending an hour or more of your hour and a half run with 5 stacks.

You Into the Group Thing?

We’re removing the bonus monster damage per additional player in a coop game

It sucked having to tank 3x as much damage, without a guarantee that shits gonna die 3x as fast. I wish they didnt completely get rid of it, they could have just cut the bonus damage to 1/2 or 1/3

Oh Yeah!

In patch 1.0.3 we’re going to be lowering that wall by adjusting the damage and health of monsters in Inferno Act II, III and IV. We feel like Act I Inferno is in a pretty good place.

I thought inferno balance was fine. At least from what ive seen. I only died when i fucked up, or got a really bad elite. I got a good shield, adjusted my play style a bit, and handled act 2 just fine. The only problem i ever really saw with inferno balance was more class based. Ranged classes could aspect farm act 4 relatively easily, while monks and barbs were stacking resist to not get 2 shot by butcher

Paying for Your Mistakes

Repair costs on level 60 items are going to go up a lot

There were times where id just spawn die spawn die spawn to brute force through an impossible pack. Its nice to see that this isnt as viable of a strategy anymore

Whoa, Whoa, Nice Shootin’ Tex

...we’re considering to reduce the effectiveness of Increased Attack Speed. The first is to simply reduce the value on all the items to their desired values

Stacking IAS with life on hit gave too much of a dps and survivability increase, to the point where IAS was the best stat for any class on rings or gloves. This should allow for more varied itemization

Just Three Two Easy Payments

We previously hinted that Blacksmith and Jeweler costs are coming down, and overall it will be far more reasonable to train them up and craft items. The most dramatic reduction is on the combine costs for tier 2-8 gems.

i stopped crafting when i first heard about this. I guess it didnt really matter all that much. I dont even pick up anything below square anymore

#5 Sage

Sage

There's something aboot Canadian Bacon, eh?

• Philosophers
  • 2,549 posts
  • BattleTag:Sage#1496
  • Gamertag:crazed newf
  • WoW Server:Sargeras
  • WoW Faction:Horde

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

Qoute the changes? I can't access game websites at work, lololol. Also, never put a "games" filter on diablorealm. Otherwise I can't check D:
Posted ImagePosted ImageWe have reached CRITICAL MASS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users