• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 PoppyMcShotgun

PoppyMcShotgun

Trademaster

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:35 PM

Hey guys, I have a lvl 79 IK Barb that does some pretty mean damage. As you know the IK helm has two sockets, and the IK maul has two sockets. What would be the ideal things to put in them? (gems, jewels, runes?)

I was thinking about putting two ohm runes in the IK maul, but haven't even thought about what I could put in the helm. My resists are really good in hell, with them all being at least 65.

Keep in mind, I'm rich, and can put pretty much any rune in the sockets, or trade my runes for pretty much any jewel. So let me have it... tell me what you think I should put there!

#2 Apophis

Apophis

Senator

• Members
  • 1,703 posts
  • WoW Faction:Horde

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:55 PM

humm, i know Ik barbs aren't easy to kill ( i got one with p set) but if ur dueling or doing lots of runs and ready to sacrifice your life for the thrill of the kill i would suggest a fire or poison "die" facet in your helm incase there to many monster to retrieve your body...

Maybe a P Skull for the mana/life comeback.

personnally i haven't gotten around to putting some stuff in the sockets.
Posted ImageI am the law, Democracy is not for the people.Im so warned.....90%, tight. But I, being poor, have only my dreams;I have spread my dreams under your feet;Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. W.B. Yeats

#3 p0rnless_killer

p0rnless_killer

Monk

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:02 PM

umm ik set has some awsome mana and life steal i think its 10 each from the maul. if ur a concentrate barb then shaels and in the helm like either a prudy or a um if ur really want to waste it on a ik barb :( i mean its ik set its ok but get owns by any thing with a sheild

#4 BahamutZero

BahamutZero

Monk

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:24 PM

you should put a Nef rune in your maul for the knockback (does nef do that? im not sure correct me if im wrong)

#5 The-Feds

The-Feds

Craftmaster

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 06:56 PM

ik seems good stat wise... but if you duel ANYTHING ranged you will lose and most non-ranged chars have the same effect. Its pretty much gets raped by everything, Get a non-set most sets are effective at alllllllll, and then put all your ohms/ whatever into that.

Yes, thats what a nef does.

#6 skiskiacm

skiskiacm

High Senator

• Wiki Editors
  • 1,929 posts
  • BattleTag:Screech#1470
  • D2 Realm:US West
  • WoW Server:Dunemaul

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:02 PM

keep in mind the ik mauls base damege which is nice but not great is that the ohms are effecting not all the elemental dam

#7 DaTuM_

DaTuM_

Craftsman

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:08 PM

I wouldn't put OHM's in IK maul at all....I'd put Shael/Amn or Shael/Shael , and as for the helm I'd put shael as well and a 15%IAS jewel + mods

Datum_

#8 Arturo

Arturo

Metal Detectors Explode Near His Head

• Philosophers
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:12 PM

well i would socket the maul with 40/15s or 40/10s if ur resistances are 65 in hell i would beef them up a bit with an um in the helm other than that myb a shael for fhr or another ed jewel

#9 PoppyMcShotgun

PoppyMcShotgun

Trademaster

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:44 PM

Guess I should have put in my first post that I don't duel... I think it's stupid.

I'm strictly PvM, which is fine by me. Maybe after I build every possible build on every character I might duel. :)

BUT, that is a completely different subject... Let's stick to the topic. I am a PvM IK barb wanting to be as bad ass as possible with whatever there is out there. Knowing that, what would you put in the sockets?

I did the math. IK maul max damage is 320, and that is 200ED. With 300ED (2 ohm runes) the maul would do 480 physical on top of the fire, lgihtning, cold, poison and magic... If anything, IK set is the PERFECT thing to use PvM (except act 4... that iron maiden is a bitch). It does every kind of damage! If you come against a monster with dual immunities, you can be rest assured knowing that you can STILL take it out, no matter WHAT the immunities are! That's what I love about the IK set. I only have a few points in mace mastery right now ( I messed up at the beginning of the build), but when he has full mace mastery and all of the synergies, his concentration damage will be well over 7.5K...

Leech-wise, remember, I'm wearing two bul Kathos rings, perfect at 5% each, plus the full IK set which equals 20% life leech. I think I'm ok with the leeching. :) (20% of 7.5K=1500...)

(This next question seems kind of noob-ish for me, but...) If you put a 40/15 jewel in the helm, will I still get more enhanced damage and faster attack speed on my weapon? I'm having a brain fart and can't remember. If that is the case, I'll put two ohm runes in the mail, and two 40/15's in my helm...

#10 NecroFire_Odin

NecroFire_Odin

Councilman

• Members
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 08:24 PM

well if ur only pvm then y not use zerk instead of concentrate? u have no shield so u will b hit alot even tho zerk gets u hit more u can just ww and get ur health back and ur pretty rich if u can put ur 2 ohms into a ik maul in west ladder :)
Posted Image

#11 PoppyMcShotgun

PoppyMcShotgun

Trademaster

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:32 PM

Does Berzerk really do that much more damage then concentrate fully synergized? I like concentrate because I dont get hit very often, and I find I actually leech a lot more by using concentrate vice WW.

As far as what to socket, I think I've made up my mind. I'm going with 2 ohms in my IK maul, and I'm going to try to get 2 40/15's to socket in the helm... that should make my damage pretty good, don't you think?

And yes, I am rich, but that is only due to good trading... I will never make a trade in which I feel like I'm getting ripped off. If anything, I'll rip other people off. It's all about supply and demand in Diablo that makes something valuable. If someone wants an SOJ, can't find them anywhere, and I have 3, that person will probably give me well more then it is worth to get the SOJ. In turn, I can sell the stuff that I make from him for more then I could get for just one SOJ regularly. Get it? Smart trading, that's all it is...

#12 Ste

Ste

Peasant

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 10:19 AM

if ur so rich....why u using ik...... it sux
dude get a eth botd ba it does double the dmg of the ik maul and it is 1 hand >.<

#13 Thumper

Thumper

Never Forgotten, Always Here

• Philosophers
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 23 September 2004 - 10:43 AM

here is my view, 320 damage really fast? or 480 damage not so fast, save your ohms, put some sheals in the maul. it sounds like your tearing it up already pvm some in the helm you could even put some topazs, if mfing isn't you thing then slap some bitchen jewels with high ed% and other mods up in there, or if you wanna be really cool maybe 2 ber runes which will give you 16% reduced damage just remeber speed kills, if you swinging concentration really fast you'll own in pvm. good luck

#14 frosties

frosties

Peasant

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:41 AM

i think that you should put one perfect emerald and zod rune in the club (if not already indstr)if it is indestructible then i suggest a diamond is you are a long way in the game, for the helmet i suggest fire resistances coz u know if youre gonna charge for diablo (or baal) it is PRETTY good to have them by the way try to get +damage to demons (im a cheater so i got 2037% to demons muhahahahaaaaa :badgrin: )but try gettin sum anyway love ya bye

#15 Children-Of-Bodom

Children-Of-Bodom

Priest

• Members
  • 694 posts
  • Location:_-'&quot;&quot;'-_World Of Warcraft_-'&quot;&quot;'-_

Posted 22 November 2004 - 04:55 AM

Thumper said:

here is my view, 320 damage really fast? or 480 damage not so fast, save your ohms, put some sheals in the maul. it sounds like your tearing it up already pvm some in the helm you could even put some topazs, if mfing isn't you thing then slap some bitchen jewels with high ed% and other mods up in there, or if you wanna be really cool maybe 2 ber runes  which will give you 16% reduced damage just remeber speed kills, if you swinging concentration really fast you'll own in pvm. good luck

i have to agree with thumper: speed>dmg in pvm

also frosties i dont think u know what you are talking about:
diamond in maul??
not indestructible? ik maul is indestructible by default
fire resists in helm?? u have high enuff fire resist with the set
Posted ImageVote For DiabloRealm | WoW Realm | [url=http://diablorealm.net/clan]Clan

#16 bannaman_8_U

bannaman_8_U

Journeyman

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Location:if ur looking 4 me, u better check under the sea...

Posted 04 December 2004 - 12:51 PM

ok, i just posted an entire socket guide in the other thread(the REAL ik) and didnt see this thread :oops:

so skip over there and give my socket section a test(on pg 2)

*if youu want to re socket anything, its an h-cube recipie to remove all socketed items(hel + scroll of TP + socketed item)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users